Sunday, August 10, 2008

catching up

On Monday I met up with multiple ex-roommate (we lived in three places together, sharing a room at two of those, for a grand total of 18+ months), since we now find ourselves living in the same metropolis area. We went to Stumptown, Buffalo Exchange, Powells, PF Changs and walked down to the waterfront. My favorite fortune ever from a cookie came to me at PFs: "You have great physical powers and an iron constitution." Look out world!

(you can't tell, but there's a billboard behind us that says "I <3 Burnside" -and we really do)


Then on Tuesday, ex-roommate of college (we only lived together twice, but for a grand total of 20+ months), Erin, met up with me to show me downtown Vancouver (which I'm in love with). We started at Mon Ami for crepes (not as good as Bend's crepe shop, but okay) and walked to a vintage shop where I made Erin try on ridiculous (ly fun) dresses (see below). Then we had root beer floats at The Ice Cream Renaissance (amazing! I fully recommend) where we ran into the co-owner who we know from years ago (small world). It was a hot hot hot day. But it was so much fun catching up with her and meeting her son, Hiro, who is now six months old.


Erin & Hiro at the second hand vintage shop

No comments: