There are multiple reasons for this move (including, but not limited to):
- I miss the rain
- My nephews & niece beckon
- As do my lovely sisters
- Did I mention my parents are moving to the Portland area as well?
- Oh! And I'll be closer to both brothers, too. Though I still probably won't see Danny that often even with the airport right at hand.
- Powells Books & Buffalo Exchange & waterfront
- Big bridges
- Live music
- The irresistible possibility of directing Narnia for CYT in January
- Old high school & college chums
- And I'm going back to school
I found out Wednesday that I am officially accepted to George Fox University's MAT (Masters of Arts in Teaching program). Classes start late August. It's the night program, so I can work full time (classes are only one night a week plus every third or so Saturday). I'll be going for Secondary Education (that means high school & middle school) for Language Arts (that's English) and Drama. It's a 20 month program with student teaching beginning November of 2009. I'll be taking classes at the Portland campus, not Newberg.
I don't have a job yet. Still looking. Not sure where I'll live yet (hopefully I won't have to crash at my sister's for too long). My last day of work at Westside Church is July 31st, which is also when I move out of the Ranch Village house.
There are still many unknowns, but I'm thrilled. It finally feels real now that I've taken a load of stuff to storage in Vancouver and have been accepted to grad school.
So, Bend buddies, if I seem distant or out of it, it's because I am (sorry!). I've got a lot going on in my head and transitioning is always an emotional, whimsical and stressful time for me. Know that I love you all and forgive me in advance for being completely unpredictable in moods. Send me an email or a text and I'd love to hang out before July's out.
And, Portland pals, begin clearing your calendars for being my friend beginning in August.
Further up and further in...