Sunday, April 06, 2008

billary

That's right, folks. The former president of the United States visited little ol' Bend, OR last Monday. I am far from a Clinton fan (any of them), however, the opportunity to see a former president was something I felt I shouldn't pass up (plus, I knew the crazies would all come out - I was not disappointed). He was scheduled to speak at 5pm, so I lined up with Noel at 415 - very far from the front of the line.


Noel showing her patriotic side. It was incredibly cold (but the laughter kept me warm & fuzzy inside).


After standing outside for 45 minutes before the line began to move, and then another 40 minutes inching towards the doors, we finally made it inside. Jimmy had a few interesting encounters along the way. A man selling "Vote Hillary for President" T-shirts was very upset when Jimmy said, "Shouldn't the H be a B?" (The man responded in a scathingly accusational tone, "You sound like a Republican.") A little bit later, an older woman was bobbing about the front of the line telling us to have our bags & purses ready & open to be checked. I asked her a question and she responded that she didn't know, she wasn't official...just waiting for her family. She then got up in Jimmy's face & began to excitedly cheer, "Just vote for Hillary! Hillary's the best! We need a woman president! I mean, just think about it: all the greatest queens of England..." Yes. She did. I had to bite my tongue to keep from reminding her that all of the greatest presidents of America have been men - or that all of the worse queens of England were women, for that matter.

Jasper & Jimmy show their excitement on getting inside.


And here he is, the former Mr. President, Bill Clinton.

8 comments:

Luke & Kristin said...

sick

Eric and Lindsay said...

Did you photoshop something out of the Jasper and Jimmy picture?

Marie said...

How funny that you went to a Clinton rally! It must have been wierd -- or as luke and Kristin said, "sick"!

joann renee said...

No, I didn't Photoshop the Jasper/Jimmy picture...I simply chose not to post the controversial picture. Never fear, though, it's on my Facebook...

Luke & Kristin said...

oh man.. funny stuff.. you should really post it here

Danny said...

That is a scary thought, but I think I would enjoy and probably go to make fun of the crazies as well!

Just so you know, all of my favorite sisters are women!

joshandkarlee said...

That must have been quite the experience! Love the inagural chicken by the way! Love you more!

Tara Jeanette said...

Politics are so much fun! I love them.