Wednesday, January 23, 2008

mlk weekend (not to be mistaken with milk weekend)

My college kindred spirit, Sarah, came to visit me for the weekend. She was my next door neighbor in our Freshman dorm (Pennington, oh Pennington, too close to the clock tower). We bonded here and there that year, but really began to appreciate each other the end of our Junior year when we traveled in Italy and Switzerland with a group of about 20 other students from George Fox (only 4 guys in the group, plus two male professors). Then, in celebration of graduation in the spring of '05, on a whim, Sarah & I met at my parents house in Junction City to embark on an adventure. We drove to Disneyland (me reading Peter Pan aloud to her; her making signs to put in the window such as "Honk if you're converting O2 into CO2" or whatever would be the chemistraic conversion for breathing). We then spent a full day at Disneyland (my first time there!). And proceeded to drive home the next day. It's a true test of kindred spirits to spend over 38 hours together in a car + non-stop time together in 72 hours and still be sad at parting when the adventure has ended.

We had a fluke warm day on Saturday, reaching nearly 60 degrees (though the wind was still bone-chilling).

Joey wasn't actually part of Sarah and my weekend frolicks, but we ran into him on our way to crepes Saturday afternoon. He looked so darn American with the flag waving gallantly behind his head as we chatted I had to photograph him...



Joey calls this his Patriotic snot picture...


Sarah & I have a tradition of getting crepes at Bean N' Batter downtown (it used to be Cafe Brasil and so is dear to my heart, although it's under new ownership & decor now). She hates this picture...


The fickle weather transformed at night and we woke to an inch or two of snow on Sunday. It has remained very cold since. In fact, it's only 4 degrees as I type this this Thursday morning.


Both of us Carell fans, we braved the cold weather to see Dan in Real Life at McMenamins...


So here's to Princess Sarah (thus dubbed by me in Switzerland) and bizarre weather in Bend over the long MLK weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On second glance, I really like that picture! The second one illustrates our dissimilarities beautifully. P-Jo, you blessed me and I had a wonderful time.

Princess Sarah