Tuesday, January 29, 2008

let it snow (not that we could stop it anyway, eh?)

And now for something slightly more light-hearted.
As most of you are aware, Central Oregon...even the majority of Oregon...is in the midst of "severe weather warnings."

I woke Sunday morning and checked the weather, as I do every morning. A balmy 44 degrees with a severe weather warning. It warned of 1 to 3 inches of snow arriving during the daylight hours. I laughed. "It's 44 degrees! We're not getting snow! Crazy weather people!"

So I donned my Converse & a light jacket and headed to church. I was leading worship, so I had to be there at 8am. The roads were surprisingly icy. Interesting.

Around 9am it started to snow. Hmmm....

By noon when I left the church, the ground that had been completely dry a mere three hours prior, was covered in at least 3 inches of snow & there was no sign of slowing. How wrong I was.

Noel was on the worship team with me that morning, so between services we did a mini-photo shoot. These are the doors to 180...


Being movie stars. I know, it's amazing we aren't famous by now with these faces...


Snow-head! (yes, that's an insult)


Poor cold Elliot. He couldn't believe the amount of snow after 3 hours either.


And my favorite picture: Noel beating the snow off of her car (okay, she was actually swiping it off violently and the snow kept flying into my car window as I photographed her, but it sure looks like she's taking a swing at it)...


It's Wednesday evening now. The snow is still very much here. It's barely broken 32 degrees since Sunday. We got around 7 and a half inches (more in some places) on Sunday & it's been blowing around the past few days with a little bit being added to it here and there. It's suppose to snow another several inches through the night and tomorrow. We'll see.

I'm a little more trusting of the weather people now than I was Sunday morning. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

joshandkarlee said...

Love the movie star faces! Fabulous and hillarious!

Cassie said...

i love the light hearted post! and the pics and some spice and yumminess of this post....

please check out my latest post. Tell me if i was rude.

Tess Abigail said...

NOELLYYYYYY!! I love you couz. Haha. Love the pics.