Tuesday, October 09, 2007

chinatown & little india

On Monday Mama & I went to Chinatown. Another splendidly rainy day in Singapore. The red lanterns were very picture-esque.








A big Hindu temple at the end of Pogoda street (the street vendors in Chinatown). It has hundreds of Hindu gods all over the dome.


No shoes allowed inside...


On Tuesday Betsy & Aaron led us through Little India.
There were lots of decorations for Depovali (Indian New Year) still set up. Very gaudy.


We all got henna...well, not Aaron. I'll put up pictures of the actual artwork later.


My first duck. Not bad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the only duck I'd like...dead duck :)

I'm enjoying your blogs; it's like I'm right there with you, which is like two minutes in heaven. Two minutes in heaven is better than one minute in heaven.

Elyxis said...

You look like your having a lot of fun there! We miss you here :)

ps- your pictures are very cool!

Lorelei said...

I read through it all and I thoroughly enjoyed going to Singapore with you... Well, it almost felt like I did. I just got fore-go all the humidity and weird capri-sun.