Monday, August 13, 2007

other weekend excursions

On Friday night my little bro and his wife came down to enjoy my presence in Junction City. After a glorious dinner with my parents, Aunt Kathy & her fun friend Jeri, the three of us headed off to Eugene to see Rachel & Clarence Keller and their baby Zoe (Rachel & Clarence graduated with me from UVC & I was in their wedding). Unfortunately, we lacked downtown Eugene saavy and stopped at the wrong hospital, walked a ridiculous number of blocks before realizing we needed to return to the car to drive to the correct hospital, and arrived 56 minutes after the designated time.

Here's me after realizing we had to backtrack 15 or so blocks to the car:


Heather & Timmy walking, with baby present in hand:


Here's Zoe. She was born 3 months premature at 1lb. 14 ounces. She's now about 3lbs. 11 ounces. She's adorable, but we couldn't really see her since she was all bundled & incubated.


I got exclusive Donny Shire holding priveledges once Kimmie arrived with him Friday night. He likes me. We fell asleep on Daddy's recliner. Then he spit up on my legs on Saturday as I headed out the door for a wedding in Roseburg. I still like him a whole lot though.


Rachael (Shelton) & Matt Paris were also high school classmates of mine (the 5th & final in-class couple to be married out of the 28 of us 2001 UVC graduates).



The wedding was fun, but bizarre to see all of my married classmate's babies & spouses. After the reception I went to old post basketball game favorite hangout, Abby's, with Matt's OIT pals & my old buddy Jory Randall who I hadn't seen in about 4 years (silly Army). It felt like I snuck back in time for a little while, where I used to hang out with all guys on a regular basis.

5 comments:

Kristin Downs said...

they were high school sweethearts and didn't get married for 7 YEARS after high school.. that's the silliest thing I've ever heard

joann renee said...

Actually, they didn't start dating until 2 1/2 years after high school. But he liked her the whole time...she took a little coaxing though. But yes, still silly.

Danny said...

Who knows, maybe another couple will form from the remaining 18 in your class. . .

joann renee said...

actually, (I started two comments that way!) there are only 6 or 7 left unmarried in the class. Which is less than the number of babies in the class now.

Anonymous said...

Seeing everyone always makes me feel nostalgic. -mike williams