Tuesday, July 03, 2007

playa del carmen (day 6)

On our final day in Playa, we again headed to La Quinta, but this time in daylight, for shopping & Starbucks...
This looks much more scandalous than it actually is. I promise I dressed like an American, not a European...
I was very excited about my first coffee in many moons...although I still was unable to finish it...silly stomach!
Yes, they sold Nacho Libre masks...this is actually how the wrestlers dress down there, but they are certainly trying to capitalize on the success of Jack Black's movie...
Dane, Asi, & Eric parked out in front of the Laundromat that was right next to our final outreach spot. You can also see Jarred in the background, studying for sharing his testimony that night...
Angi. I love her. I'm going to be roommates with her in about a week...

Molly snatched my camera to take this one of me tuning up my poor humidity-warped guitar...

This one's for you, Daddy...now you can say you've been to Cancun...twice...kind of...
They blocked off an entire side street for the outreach that night...the blue van parked behind the stage was our mode of transportation the week that we were down there...
The people from the local church who hosted the event, praying before the outreach started...
Stephenie sharing her testimony. Andrea (our faithful & beautiful interpreter) & Stephenie totally didn't even plan outfits together...
The light that night was gorgeous...this is the street we were ministering on...
Jennifer painting a hand instead of a face for a change...

And my favorite picture from the entire trip. This was taken while Gracie's sister Molly sang a song that she had sung three years ago at their father's funeral...

No comments: