Thursday, May 24, 2007

yakking (with a "kah")

Final leadership class of the year. Craig & Jim (two of our five fearless leaders from the class this year) took the second years out kyaking. This was my first time. I loved it, however I was absolutely dreadful at steering and used "training wheels" half of the way there (tether to Craig's kyak).

Yes Lorelei, you can have your sunglasses when you get back, but I'm taking full advantage of them until then--I never thought I'd see the day when I was wearing ridiculously huge sunglasses, but there's something special about Grasshopper....


...like cool shading for pictures:


Andy getting ready to launch...


My roommates! Who are also prepping for African adventures...


Watching people capsize in the rapids (good fun)...


Happy-go-lucky Micah...


So pretty...can't believe I've never done this before...

Ashley after flipping over and then invoking a mud war...

2 comments:

Eric said...

you don't waste any time getting the updates posted, nice work!

Marie said...

The mother in me wants to question how safe kayaking is....
IS IT???